Monday, January 18, 2010

Beacon Sighted Through The Fog

To me the minutemen were one of the greatest bands to come outta the punk movement (which is a pretty fluid definition) and some of my favorite lyricists of all time. I wish you could buy an anthology of Minutemen lyrics, put together like a collection of poetry. Boon's/Watt's/Hurley's lyrics read like ancient Eastern poetry, almost directly translated, like Snyders translation of the poetry of Buddhist recluse Han Shan, or some great beat abstract Walt Whitman. I wish I could make a bitch'n desk calander where each day is a different song, the songs are short enough and prevalent enough that you could fill 365 days for sure. So in to in an attempt to share this view with the world I'll be posting a different Minutemen song each Monday, if you get something out of it, great! If it does nothing for you, then your probably just a lost cause and a burden on those around you. - Griz.

A BEACON SIGHTED THROUGH THE FOG

Caste off, meaning is rough. I'm one knot tangled in a heap.

I know it's paradox with my dreams.

I know it's paradox with my dreams.

Ship's creaking, taking on bull shit.

I fuckin' scream: jump ship! jump shimp!


No comments:

Post a Comment