Friday, September 13, 2013

20 years ago today...



 

I was starting the 9th grade, fresh from a long, hot summer at my grandparents' house. I had spent all summer listening to college radio and jacking off to 2 playboys my cousin scored for me in between daily trips to the record store to look at tapes I couldn't afford...
That summer I heard Fugazi for the first time on MRR radio which was syndicated at like midnight saturday on the station that I dug the most (which I want to say was out of Bates college...) Amazingly enough they had just released in on the kill taker and were going to play vermont a few days after I got back home. I don't know if I had realized what was happening to me and how I was changing, but that was the start of it... My true gateway to punk and I guess to the rest of my life... Perfect timing. thanks.
Here's a recording of that show from the Fugazi live archives.
awesome.

Fugazi Burlington, VT USA, 9/13/93

No comments:

Post a Comment