Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rollins poetry tuesday.

"The summer had fully unfolded. It stretched out full-length and pressed it's smooth muscles against mine. The air was thick. It surrounded me like invisible prison bars. Every night was dedicated to delirium, dreams of confusion and confinement. I walked in and out of steaming jungles. I would rest in damp, cool shade. Sometimes I thought I would not be able to get up because the rest would make my bones ache so bad. There was a constant din in my ears. A world of sane, soulless pigs surrounded me. Sounded like a war. In this madness I found a quiet place. A place where I could hear my breath. The quiet place. Silent sun. Heavy air. Shimmering jewel eyed woman in my brain. No confinement. An infinite pass. Insane beauty. I thought if I made a sound the whole thing would collapse right down on top of me. I guarded the quiet place. I kept it clean, I told no one about it. Even now, the directions to the place stay with me. I've been thinking about that place a lot these days."
uhhh... oh yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment