Saturday, April 17, 2010

Still looking for it...


America changed the clash... An interesting love/hate relationship for sure... Being so english...
anyway...

I'm wondering if the late 70s and early 80s were as exciting as they look on television or sound on records...
I don't know if people were more bored and frustrated back then or if it was that punk just rewrote the rules or that record companies were still willing to give bands money to try and do something exciting or whatever... It seems to me that music from this time sounds new... like uncharted territory... people must have been psyched...

but like, when this came out had anyone heard anything like it before?



I dunno...

not too much new music excites me... most of the stuff that does sounds old... like it could have been made in another time... when shit was still real...
Is my affinity for this music based partly on the fact that it was made in a different time under a different set of circumstances and different rules? Is this part of some escapist, false reality I immerse myself in to medicate my dissatisfaction with my life and the current state of the universe I know?
I dunno...

I mean, reality is still reality... back then the world portrayed by the media was very thin... now we have this and everyone's story can be heard which is good, but it's also like... maybe too much?
too much information...
everything is equally important...
nothing is real.
it's awesome and it's really fucking with me at the same time...

What kindof society will we have when people never knew a world without the internet?
where little is tangible and everything is an abstract...

it's everything you want at your fingertips but none of it is real...
and you're never satisfied because there's always more...

Do I feel like everything's been done because it has and I don't have to try too hard to find out about it?
Is that the other side of having access to so much information? Is it making art lazy or forcing people to try harder? kindof hard to tell...

Even my questioning it is totally cliched...
But I suppose there can't be a definitive answer... so...
whatever...
fuck it.
; )

No comments:

Post a Comment